View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 05:30 PM   #6
M. R. Mathias
Banned
M. R. Mathias has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle k3, PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Hmmm. I think the price is going to be a tough sell -- $11.88 at Smashwords but $8.88 at Amazon. Penalizes those of us who aren't Amazon buyers or don't own Kindles. And since this is the first book of a trilogy, you might want to consider a lower price to get readers hooked to pay the high price on the second and third books. Anyway, at $11.88, I'll pass.
The reason why I have to do this price variance is because when Smashwords, or one of its venders, discounts the book it violates my agreement with Amazon if it falls under $8.88
If you really want to read it then PM me a copy of this message at mrmathiasjr@aol.com and I'll see about getting you a coupon for Smashwords for $8.88. If that is still too expensive for you then I am sorry.

Beyond that:
The book is 235,300 words which is basically 3 x 80,000 word novels and nearly 800 pages. You would pay 2.99ea, for 3 80k word novels.

And beyond even that:
A great epic fantasy is priceless. You might find a fantasy serial, or decent read for 3 or 4 bucks, but a true epic fantasy novel that actually has an ending of its own, while still being the foundation for the rest of the trilogy is rare. If you're not willing to pay for it then you don't deserve the pleasure that reading it will bring. I may be Indie, but I have pride in my work and I won't sell out for a few extra readers. If you cannot respect that then go get some free books so the writers won't be able to afford to write anymore. That means no new books. Then where will you be?

And furthermore:
I have several FREE short stories and a FREE Novella available at Smashwords. Would you rather me charge less for this and charge for those? Go read the stuff I GIVE YOU FOR FREE before you come heckle my thread, Sir... Just sayin. M. R. Mathias

Last edited by M. R. Mathias; 09-11-2010 at 06:04 PM.