View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #19
Yves Gorat
Yves Gorat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yves Gorat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yves Gorat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yves Gorat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yves Gorat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yves Gorat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yves Gorat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yves Gorat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yves Gorat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yves Gorat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yves Gorat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hi Elfwreck,

no, it is certainly not my goal to push people to conclusions I have myself. For the sake of the survey (or the thesis for that matter), I wanted to make a distinction between an eBook from an author that has to provide things "other than writing", for example the cover, by her/himself, and an author that has a publisher that provides the service for him/her. That's why I mentioned the "big publishing house like Random House" in the definition. I now realize that this might not have been clear enough. For me, the distinction is "self-pulishing" where I need to provide editing, cover, etc., while "publishing" means this is done by the big publishing house (with me not paying a cent/investing work in these things upfront). I did not focus on some of the examples you gave, as they do not yet feature that prominently when comparing with the long-standing publishing houses and the new players like KDP and Smashwords.
Thanks for your comment, I hope I could explain this somewhat clearer now for you and the other readers in this thread.
Best regards,

Yves
Yves Gorat is offline   Reply With Quote