View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 07:17 PM   #4
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
How does it feel? Nice. Like a handier, more compact version of the 505. Smaller screen, but still a decent amount of text on each page. I compared the same book, and the 300 displayed 17 out of 25 lines that were on my 505' screen (line breaks were different), both at small font setting. So, each page has about 2/3 of the reflowable text of the 6" Reader screens. This checks out mathematically too--the display area ratio is 5^2/6^2, or 25/36, about 2/3! Text appears to be the same size on the 505 and 300, so legibility is identical.
Very cool! This is something I was wondering--whether it would just be a shrunken version of the 505's display, or if it would keep text the same size, but wrap it differently. Glad it's the latter. Thanks for the great writeup. Enjoy your new toy!
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote