View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 10:46 PM   #101
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
But I've also seen many instances when the wrong book entirely is selected when trying to use the auto metadata, and that's what creates the headache trying to clean up, when the title and author of the book have been changed by the auto function. That's the main thing I want to avoid and why I'll never use auto metadata or bulk metadata methods.
Yeah, that I agree with. There's a difference between auto metadata and bulk metadata.

I use Calibre's Get Metadata function, but I do of course give the result a cursory scan before applying. And I only do one book at a time. I'm not fussy, but I'm not crazy either!
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote