View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #21
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Thanks for the info about the 32 and 64 bit versions, it seems like the dvd gives the option of either.

Before I install the dvd, I'll copy the notebooks onto an external hard drive so that I can reinstall them if necessary. Thanks for the information.

MeSue, thanks for giving me first refusal on your OneNote 2007, I've changed my mind and now prefer the 2010 version.

The main drawback of Evernote is that the information is held in the cloud, not on my hard drive. I think this means that I can't use the software offline. There are many times when I prefer to unplug the internet to avoid the temptation to go onto youtube, or check email etc. Also, I don't trust the cloud and the security of information held there. Some people like Evernote; I'd prefer OneNote. I love the intuitive interface, it reminds me of all those folders I used many years ago at uni, with their card dividers.

So I'll be purchasing the 2010 version from Amazon itself. I'll just do a quick google to check whether the only difference between the Student and Home versions and the Standard version, is the license; or if the software is in some way different. The S&H version is £20 cheaper

Thanks everyone for all the help. I'm sure others interested in OneNote have found it useful too.

Last edited by BookCat; 11-19-2012 at 08:12 PM.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote