View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 05:30 PM   #20
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Is it time yet to start using my "secret" jailbreak method?

Just drop two files on USB, then boot to diags with MfgTool or imx_usb_loader. Then select diags menu item to trigger the jailbreak...

I gave it to a few of the devs here. If agreed (let me know), I will release my "5.3.0 Jailbreak". Unfortunately, because ENABLE_DIAGS is no longer useful, it is a "tethered jailbreak" (requires a USB cable to boot to diags)...

EDIT: I was relying on the USB networking hack to go to diags. What now?

EDIT: The DMCA exclusion for jailbreaking will no longer be allowed for tablets and ereaders purchased starting January 2013. So if we are going to release a new jailbreak, we should do it before then. Strangely, the DMCA exlusion will remain in effect allowing cellphones (such as iphone) but not tablets (such as ipod touch) to be jailbroken. Details here:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-insp...2012-26308.pdf

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-07-2012 at 05:42 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote