View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #1595
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by astmario View Post
Is there way to sort books by order in series? By default everything is mixed together and I cant know by what order should I read the books in collection. All books have edited metadata, series, order in series, but when I transfer them to Kindle I cant see that info. Any help?
Are you using a metadata plugboard to set your book titles when they are transferred to your Kindle to contain the series information? See this sticky. Then it is just a case of setting your Kindle to sort by title within a collection.

Alternatively you can set to sort by Author, in which case the display is reverse published date, which you can fiddle with in calibre so that also reflects series order. Assuming a Kindle 3 this trick works, which your profile shows.

Or do both - set metadata plugboard up, change your pubdate column values to reflect order you want, then sort by author within collections. That way you can read all books by an author in the order they published (just remember their oldest books are at the end of the list).