View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 05:45 PM   #51
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
Very nice! Thanks!

I just wish there was a way to keep the three I've got up all the time, even though I'm constantly adding new books. When I'm out and about, I'm interrupted a lot by people who are curious about the Sony. I don't mind showing it off, but I'm usually reading pretty adult material, and need some 'safe' books to run to quickly. ; )

I like to use Sherlock Holmes for demonstrations, but they can take a minute or two to pull up. It'd be great if I could find a way to keep them up front and ready all the time.
Just a note, I found a way to keep the three books I want permanently on the "Books" row.

I plugged in the Sony, went into the files with the books and found the three I wanted. I used a small freeware program to change the "Modified Date" of those three files to 01/01/2015. Changed that date, then marked them 'read only'. (Don't know if I needed to do that, but I was there anyway...)

I've loaded about 56 fanfics since then, and the three Sherlock Holmes books stay on that line, and they open and close up fine. So as long as I don't delete them and reload, I'm thinking that's where they'll stay.

If I find something about doing that bites me in the butt later, I'll come back and let you all know. But it's nice to see my favorite three always on the front page.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote