View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 05:53 PM   #34
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
1) does the NC need to be rooted for this procedure? i'm asking because there's a 'dual-boot' thread that only works on non-rooted devices
A*) No, if you boot off of the SD card you do not have to root. If you want a dual boot yes you do have to root, but the install will be in your internal flash not an SD Card

2) is there a package for 0.6.8 on a SD card?
A*) yes

3) i'm guessing i will not have access to the extra gb's of space on the nook when i run off the SD card? (i have a 2gb one, but it seems small to me)
A*) you are correct. I would recommend 4-8gb

4) if i'm installing it on a 2gb sd card first, is there some type of sector by sector copy software that I can use to transfer it to a new and bigger card later on? or will I have to do this process again? would titanium backup work this way?
A*) I haven't tried it but using 'dd' should work.

5) 'Monster RootPack 0.7 / Clockwork Recovery 3.0.0.5 SD' -> brianf's instructions
- is this a good or correct flow for rooting and getting froyo onto a SD card? or should i use auto-nooter instead?
- or should i just follow nookdev's wiki?
Auto-nooter is for rooting the nook, if you are booting off of the SD card you do not need to root your device.
I say just follow the nookdev site

6) so i turn off the nook and eject the sd card and turn it back on to have it in stock mode?
A*) Yes
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote