View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 04:03 AM   #1
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Will Higher Ebook Prices Increase Library Demand?

I had already migrated away from Amazon to Sony because our library has an extensive EMedia collection. They even have a Ebookmobile that travels around to all the branches demonstrating Ebooks and how to use the EMedia collection.

I see the Macmillan deal increasing demand on libraries to expand their collections. This could be a great turning point for Ereadership.

I don't mind paying for a title I want to read. I resent not being able to pass the book on to a friend or family member to read when I am done. I would rather contibute to the library to acquire the title for the benefit of many rather than pay Amazon so I can read it once.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote