View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 06:59 PM   #24
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Well, even though I did not like Bleak House I can claim to have read it more than once, but only just .

I had it as a set book, way back in the past, and when my paper was returned it had been given 96% but there was a line through that. Underneath was a comment about my analysis being good but as I had said that I could only get 3/4 of the way through the book, as I found it so tedious, it only deserved 56% .

My mother taught English too and so the marker was a family acquaintance and it became a bit of a friendly joke on me. But only a couple of years later he was diagnosed with terminal cancer and before he died I told him that I would read Bleak House right through. It took me a couple of decades to get to it but I did.

So I have read it 1-3/4 times .
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote