View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 05:17 PM   #59
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
That brings up an interesting question. What more is required from a "dedicated word processor" that you feel Scrivener doesn't do?

I can just about use Word with my eyes closed, being forced to use it on a daily basis. But for my personal writing I'm not seeing anything I miss in Scrivener (the Mac version I'm using now is slightly slicker than the Windows version).

My sense is that Scrivener not only puts the tools more front-and-center for straight writing tasks (e.g. better full-screen no-distraction mode, corkboard view, typewriter mode) but also connects meta-data to the writing in more ways (notes for whole document and each individual tab-level, tags and real custom meta-tags, in-line and foot/end style annotation).
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote