Thread: Dictionary FAQ
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 04:43 AM   #55
sevenkul
sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutki View Post
Hi,
I am working on a custom dictionary for my private use with Kindle PW. Recently the firmware uptated and now the dictionary popup window has not just a few lines of plain text, but the actual formatted entry.
This is great change however I don't know how to control the amount of text that is show in the popup. Ideally it should end with the </idx:entry> tag, but actually it seems very random, showing partial or multiple entries (it is not a constant amount of text, the length varies). I though it is something with the input file I create, but I noticed the same happen with the build in English dictionary.

Anybody experiencing the same? Any ideas how to fix it?
Try <idx:short>.

Code:
<idx:entry>
  <idx:orth>chair</idx:orth>
  <idx:short>a kind of seat.</idx:short>
  a seat for one person, which has a back, usually four legs and sometimes two arms
<idx:entry>
I also wonder if it works.
sevenkul is offline   Reply With Quote