View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 06:25 PM   #160
TheFireRed
TheFireRed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindke Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
I need some feedback from PW users. I dont have one and Kindle Previewer is not enought for this type of tests :-/

pawelj.vulturis.eu/Shared/Ubunchu.mobi
Please check if that MOBI work 100% correctly. No page loops. Panel view start in right top corner. Cover is here. And no "Personal" label.

That manga is released on CC BY-NC 3.0 so this file is 100% legal.
I've decided to test it myself, so here are my impressions. Yet I must admit that the results are far better than what I've tried many times before, so I hope you can share a brief tutorial on how to do all this!

• Once sent via email, there's no cover and the Personal label is still present (hence converted in AZW3). [no cover + personal] The MOBI file, on the other hand, shows the cover. Looks like the Personal label is going to be harder to delete. [cover + personal]
  • The cover page and the first page are the same picture, but they look very nice. [cover and first page]
  • After double-tapping, we can go in fact to the top-right corner and the reading direction is correct (by tapping on the left side, of course). [full page] [icon]
  • The drawings and dialogues are incredibly clear and very easy to read even without Panel View Mode! [no zoom detail]
  • Landscape mode is disabled, unfortunately. So no Panel View for it. I was really interested in this feature. [landscape disabled]
TheFireRed is offline   Reply With Quote