View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 10:00 AM   #11
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I can definitely relate to this article. I was around 10 when I received my first library card (Free Library of Phila.). I would go and get as many books as I could carry out at a time. I knew the librarians and they all knew me. I was so lucky to have a library with a very large collection. I always had something to read and keep me occupied.

I also could not understand the reason to have an ereader when they first came out. Wouldn't an ereader take away the pride of having an extensive book collection stored in various bookcases throughout the house? It was not until I moved into a smaller place that I have to face the possibility of losing books in my collection forever. That is when I looked back at ereaders and I have never looked back. I have had an ereader now for about 18 months and my collection now stands at 635 books with more to be added into Calibre as I get time. While I know what the person in the original article is going through, once they enjoy an ebook, I think that their attitude might change.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote