View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #23
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
Realize that "Tablets" are the "new shiny object."
True, but tablets are the "new swiss army knife" as well.

My Fire is a better reader than my kindle except in strong sunlight. It renders text and graphics better. This is more apparent in tech books than entertainment, but it's a fact.

The reason why I generally grab my Fire when I leave the house is that it allows me to leave my notebook behind while providing a better experience than my phone or my kindle. So, slide that puppy in my back pocket and head out for a little reading, some research, a movie, or a game. Keep up with email and my ebay auctions.

The case for e-ink only gets harder as manufacturers make the screens better in direct light, reduce the weight of the units, and improve battery life. Once 4g becomes affordable, there may be no need for anything except a tablet when I'm away from my office.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote