View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 05:49 PM   #1
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Calibre ... or bad HTML?

Up until recently, I've just made RTF files for my Sony Reader. But I really like to have the book covers (and any other images that might be in the file) displayed. So I finally started playing with Calibre.

I've been able to create LRFs with embedded Georgia font, from HTML code created by Mobipocket Creator - from my RTFs! Looks very nice. Reads very nice.

But I find I still prefer a san-serif font when reading "screen" rather than "paper". When I use the same method to embed Verdana, my Sony displays the Verdana bold and italic (and bold-italic) just fine, but displays the regular text as a serif-font (probably Times New Roman). When I look at the same LRF in the Calibre viewer, it displays ALL Verdana - plain text or bold, but no italics.

I've attached the sample files below. By the way, I misspelled embed in the attachments and am not anal enough to go back and fix it there. Sorry!
Attached Files
File Type: rtf Test of imbedded Verdana font.rtf (21.9 KB, 495 views)
File Type: zip Test of embedded Verdana font.zip (3.5 KB, 429 views)
File Type: lrf Test of embedded Verdana font - FizzyWater.lrf (395.6 KB, 432 views)
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote