View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 05:16 AM   #15
Cameronpaterson
Addict
Cameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityMonster View Post
Almost all of the formatting errors that I've had with my Kobo go away if I read them on my Sony. Overhanging quotation marks, bad justification, mis-aligned graphics, etc.

I'm talking about ePubs that I bought from Kobo and read on a Sony PRS-500. There appear to be fundamental gaps in the way that Kobo renders the ePub files that aren't restricted to the hardware (the desktop reader renders the files the same, incorrect way).

I'm hoping a future update to the software will fix this. Until then, I guess we just deal with it or read on other hardware. :/
Ah... that actually doesn't surprise me. I had suspected these formatting errors had more to do with the Kobo than other posters were admitting Let's hope Kobo is listening! Roll on the next software update - perhaps version 1 will sort it all out. Let's hope so!
Cameronpaterson is offline   Reply With Quote