View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 12:54 PM   #1
nobodyhome
Book Junkie
nobodyhome began at the beginning.

Device: K1 (passed along), K2, debating K3
Starting over?

THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR RESPONSES!!!

I've finally made some headway in understanding Calibre, and I think I've figured out what I'm going to do - wipe the device, load only what I want to ALWAYS have with me (yeah, I'm a compulsive re-reader), then add new stuff and remove when finished. If I'm smart, I'll get it clean and keep it that way.

Okie, so I've got, um... about 550 titles on my Kindle. And another 100 or so not currently on the device. And another couple thousand mobi files available. The majority of the items on the device are in collections, which makes home screen easy, but there's another 12 pages of uncategorized titles.

Here's the problem: I don't want some of this stuff, some of it I want in collections, some of it I want just floating around, and I need a good way to add however many of the mobi files I want to a particular spot so they're easy enough to manage.

I tried working with Kindle Collection Manager. Nice program, but having the entire list of items on the left doesn't help me too much. If it listed just the 'uncollected' items, it would be much more useful for me.

I tried Calibre. Much like iTunes, apparently I'm too stupid to use the program, because I can't figure it out... I just don't get it. Not finding much on how to work with Kindle collections, either - if that's even possible.

I'm about to resort to wiping the device completely clean and going through the laborious and painstaking task of reloading items. I find the assignment to collections bad enough (my one complaint about Kindle - file management STINKS and has so few options!); doing a full cleanout might just kill me.

Anyone have any other suggestions? For as much as I love my Kindle, spending hours playing around with the little joystick isn't really my idea of fun.

TIA for any help!

Last edited by nobodyhome; 06-29-2011 at 09:14 PM.
nobodyhome is offline   Reply With Quote