View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 02:47 PM   #32
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Not to oversimplify things, but he can also simply upload an ePUB at KDP, and then download the resulting MOBI. Granted, it's cumbersome, but it does work.

And if he has KP2.9xx, that method still works, too; drag an ePUB onto it and it will convert. Or, there's always Kindlegen, which is still lurking around someplace; we use it in batches, yet, here.

Hitch
Here's my work flow:

I take my Sigil-made epub, delete the html cover, make sure the cover in the Images folder is tagged as cover and that it's in the .opf. Then I run the .epub through Kindlegen 2.9 in the terminal of my computer. I take the resulting .mobi and upload that to KDP.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote