View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 07:26 PM   #64
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Digital book:
1. Buy it.
2. Download the ASCM (in case of an EPUB)
3. Put it into ADE.
4. Pull the book into calibre to have Alf's plugins remove the DRM
5. Fix the metadata
6. Put in a cover (as they often don't have one)
7. Use the editor to have all problems fixed
8. Put it onto your e-reader

If you don't un-DRM and don't care about errors in the book, you can skip steps 4-7, or even just buy the book from the device itself. In that case however, usage of the book in the somewhat distant future is uncertain.

Many people don't (seem to) care, but I do.
I care, but not that much any more. Everyone is collecting data on me anyhow. My main reason for DeDRMing is to change the font and margins for my Sony Readers. My steps are a little easier.

1. Buy book on Amazon (usually)
2. Download to Kindle
3. Read into Calibre (with DeDRM installed)
4. Convert to ePub
5. Move to selected eReader

So far I haven't had to correct any metadata and covers come in fine with the conversion process.

One novel had spaces between every paragraph – so 10 lines of conversation took up a whole page. Irritating. Easy to fix in the conversion process using Calibre.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote