View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 05:43 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormvision View Post
Here some examples. I have a PDF ebook with:

Title: D Artiste
Author: Matte Painting

Of course the data is wrong. The title should be "Matte Painting", with multiple authors, in the D'artiste series.

The second case with Barnes & Noble is weird. The query is right as it should be (try it in your browser):

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s?store=book&keyword=D+Artiste+Matte+Painting

In my browser, this query gives the expected results (3 books, one of them is the book I was searching). But surprisingly, the plugin log states "Found 0 results".

Someone can explain this behavior?
Not weird or surprising at all. The plugin log should state "Found 0 results" because not one of the returned authors is "Matte Painting" so there were no legitimate results found. Garbage in equals garbage out.

If you want to discuss the B&N results further you should do it in the [Metadata Source Plugin] Barnes & Noble thread.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-03-2013 at 08:26 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote