Thread: MobileRead February 2013 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #41
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm not depressed that my nomination isn't getting that much of the vote. I actually thought later that Water for Elephants probably wasn't a really great fit for this genre.

Happy to see A Town Like Alice moving up though and as much as I think Lolita is a strange pick for the category, I'd also be happy with having a crack at it for the book club read.

I'm a bit surprised at the lack of movement for Shards of Honor. I thought it would attract the sci-fi vote.

And although I didn't vote for Stardust, it's actually my favourite Gaiman book. I have multiple copies of the physical book at home including one signed by Gaiman himself. It's just that I was hoping for something else to read and discuss for the Romance category.

But I think I'm secretly (now not so secretly) hoping that Love Story or Portrait of Jenny gets up there. They seem to fit the category a bit better than most and neither are particularly huge books to invest time in if you're not a huge fan of romance novels.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote