Thread: css question
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #43
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
oh - you mean that trade where you perform other folks creations for money, but pay no royalties to whoever wrote the tune
Nice one! But, no. The venues pay for a PRS licence, and get forms to fill in detailling what's been played, from which allocation of royalties are calculated. Not a perfect system, but royalties DO get paid. Though you get a much better deal when YOU write the songs, produce the show and sell the tickets.

Mostly, though, I'm just a gun for hire. Rather like making eBooks. Let the publisher/promoter/producer/employer take care of all that. I play what I'm given to play, get a cheque at the end of the job.

So you'll have to take better aim if you want to shoot me down :-)
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote