Thread: css question
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 02:27 AM   #39
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Hitch
I learned a lot through OJT. My employer paid my wages while learning by doing the job (and playing GoFer) alongside with my Trainer. The customer was not billed for my work, only what the professional training me did.

I think that the building trades are the last that still teach real skills as part of the apprenticeship program.
Yes. Precisely. The customer paid only for what he received, by the professional, not for your OJT. I had a lot of OJT mysef, as I said, when I was learning to build 5-star hotels. But I already brought a skillset to the table, for which I was paid.

Just so we're all clear here: I would never say that anybody here who is "play for pay" has to be shunned. Obviously, that would be DAFT, and worse, hypocritical, coming from me. I've received help here, and I've given it.

Somehow, the Ralphie situation was different. I've seen Diap and Wolfie and my Twoo Love, Ducky, help other commercial makers. We've all helped InDesigners, and we all know that those folks ain't working for free.

So, that's my "official" position. I don't think all commercial bookmakers' questions should be shunned. I do think that they ought to punch to their fighting weight, though, not two weight classes above. If somebody's asking me something about the most rudimentary CSS--even less than I know -- then I would seriously hope that they are not charging. I guess that's my stance.

Hitch

And, before we all forget:
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote