View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Same here; been thinking of getting A Wedding in Apple Grove also but I don't like what you're saying about her last series. It's early still but I may just bank my credit; can't work up much interest in the other selections.
I don't know what to get either....

Spoiler:
My biggest problem with her first book Tyler was the lack of describing the characters movements. Like one minutes they were lying in bed and the next doing it up against the door but it never mentioned how they got there and you'd have to piece it together yourself. Or my favorite scene They go to a restaurant sit down, order drinks, talk to the owner then to themselves and leave. No words describing them actually drinking or paying for it. The book was so full of dialogue and tons of minor details that I consider filler but lacked descriptive words on what the characters were doing.

There was also words missing in sentences like the or and...etc. Simple words that caused derailment because you were like did I read that right? It was like one chapter was edited okay but then you would get to the next chapter and the problems started all over again.

My problem with the second is the owner who owns Guilty Pleasure who also has a back room full of Adult Items does not coincide with the Heroine's personality who seems somewhat shy and not someone who would own an Adult store. I think it would take a special outgoing gal to run one in that small of a town but Ronnie is from up north. I think it was Boston and from an Italian family. So it's not very believable.

Some of the town's people want the shop gone and they are showed in the negative as the evil people throughout the series. The author's writing isn't what I say bad but I do think with some polish and reediting it could actually be pretty good and believable.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-01-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote