View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #17
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDD View Post
Hello Sergey, I have very little time right now and compiling the module is a bit lengthy because I had to fix a few symbol versioning numbers by hand since a config file is not available. I will give this a try when I have some spare time (end of month). Otherwise you can compile it by yourself: the kernel is available here, but its missing a couple of patches from Onyx, so I wouldn't boot that kernel as is ; I extracted the symbols versions from an image of the kernel (I can PM that list if you want to give it a try), made a configuration as close as I could to the one Onyx used, build the full kernel image (otherwise you would not get versioning information in the modules and they won't load), build the module and finally hex-edited the module to change the versioning information that didn't match. A bit painful as you can see, so after I graduate I will definitely try and get a correct configuration to avoid the patching bit.
Hi

I tried to build the module yesterday.

But my module isn't loaded (wrong format).

Onyx kernel module signature:
Code:
vermagic:       2.6.35.3-998-ga1cd8a7 preempt mod_unload modversions ARMv7
My kernel module signature:
Code:
vermagic:       2.6.35.3-899-g9b1a262 mod_unload modversions ARMv5
So, as far as I understand, I need 3 things:
1. Turn on ARMv7
2. Turn on preempt
3. Manually correct 2.6.35.3-899-g9b1a262 -> 2.6.35.3-998-ga1cd8a7

right?

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 02-17-2012 at 07:56 AM.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote