View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 09:02 AM   #3
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermes View Post
Comparing with Sony Pocket Edition, nothing else

Positives

P1. Almost as good as Sony pocket edition small size and weight wise
P2. Wifi that Sony doesn't have
P3. Bigger screen than SONY
P4. Lower price
P5. Chapters sells simple sleeve covers

Negatives

N1. Cumbersome highlighting method that doesn't always take (maybe mine is a reject or highlight shows up only in text size put on originally?)
N2. I prefer combination of mechanical buttons and touch screen of Sony
N3. Strong flashing/ghosting when change pages. Sony has none of this distracting ugly image wierdness.
N4. No scribbling feature (not a big deal for me)
N5. If it has a bookmark feature it isn't obvious to me
N6. Instructions how to delete highlights not obvious (and not even in user guide).
N7. No customer service by phone in Canada (email/web only). USA?
N8. Poorer book selection
N9. Sleeve covers are pig leather, so will offend vegetarians, Hindus and especially Muslims. And they are overpriced, at about 25% price of ereader!

A difference (neither good nor bad really) is that Sony looks like a work of art. The Kobo ereader looks functional.

I see that local Sony Store has brought down price by 10% to compete with release of Kobo's new model. When it comes down another 10-15% I will probably buy a Sony again.

I do have to ask; with all the negatives against the kobo vs the sony; why did you return the sony? not meant to be a snotty question by any means, but it seems like you really do prefer the sony over the kobo...
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote