Thread: Tolino Vision 6
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 02:21 PM   #21
kyôdai
Zealot
kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzanine View Post
If I was Kobo, Id have come up with a 7 inch Clara HD model to compete with the new Paperwhite and dropped the Libra altogether.
I would guess the Libra 2 and the Sage have been in development / production well before the new Paperwhite was announced. The announcements were only 2 weeks apart, so there really was no time for Kobo to react, yet.

I don't think it will be a threat for Tolino though.

Tolino already has a much more aggressive pricing strategy. While the Vision 5 has an MSRP of €179, the market price is usually around €130 and even dipped below €100 a couple of times in recent month.

So if anything, Amazon is catching up to Tolino with the new Paperwhite, not the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermighty View Post
That or the spec of 1Ghz for the Libra 2 is wrong.
It does seem strange, that Kobo is using the quad-core CPU for all their new devices (Elipsa, Sage, Vision 6) except the Libra 2. Maybe it is because of the pandemic, that they could not get enough of the quad-core chips?

I don't think it will be a problem though. The Libra's performance was fine and it is not geared towards note-taking or PDF files like the Elipsa or Sage.

The Vision 6 on the other hand is running Android and Tolino has been known for performance issues these last couple of years. So it should profit a lot more from the more powerful chip than the Libra 2 would.
kyôdai is offline   Reply With Quote