View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 09:02 AM   #10
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
But the core feature that's being offered by Qurika today is a tremendously different experience of eBook reading--much closer to reading a physical book than what any other eBook reader offers.
I made the switch to digital books for exactly those reasons. Reading a physical book is difficult, if not outright impossible for me. As to your claim that the most common complaint about digital books not being as pleasant to read as a paper book...on what do you base your claim? My experience is that people who may say that have never used an ebook reader app or dedicated device.

The words on the screen are the book. Control over those words is what makes digital books so appealing for many. Those are the options on which an app needs to focus. An app with no options for bookmarks, highlights, font choice, line spacing, margins, or background color options, is an app most users will not even try, beyond a cursory glance.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote