View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 05:15 PM   #1135
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
@davidfor
Sorry it took me a while to get back here.

Regarding syncing tags that don't have the "-" character between the words.

When I try to upload tags from Calibre, the tags I am trying to upload might be more than one word. For me, tags are bookshelves. I have specific columns dedicated to bookshelves, and they are mainly poplulated from the library export csv's from Goodreads. However, I am tired of seeing lower cased, "-" spaced tags in those columns. I want to update those bookshelf columns to have title cased words without spaces. Currently I might have a bookshelf titled "theme-action-and-adventure" but I would like to have the column in Calibre indicating this tag as "Theme Action & Adventure". If I sync the shelf from goodreads to the tag in the bookshelf column, it won't allow me to upload that tag to goodreads. Since the tag is more than one word, and the words don't contain dashes between the spaces (although I mapped the tag to that shelf) it won't upload.

Goodreads allows shelves with spaces, but it fills those spaces with "-" characters. This is how the csv's look and this is how the bookshelves look on the site.

I may have been redundant, but the end question was

Can I upload tags that are mapped to shelves although they have spaces and not dashes?
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote