View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #167
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Molen View Post
Hmm.

Does anyone know if this is the sort of thing that can commonly be fixed with a firmware upgrade? It seems to me it would be strictly a hardware issue and unfixable, but I don't really know. Just guessing, and hoping I'm wrong.
Black level/max brightness is a panel characteristic.
It is most closely tied to the type/design of the backlighting.
It is doubtful that a software update can anything to increase the output of the backlight or the amount of bleed in black areas.
The quoted numbers don't seem to be outrageously inferior to the competition or anything like that but the golden eyeballs crowd would likely beg to differ.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote