View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #118
Valentinka
Zealot
Valentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony PRS-T1, M92, iPad 3, ex-JetBook Color
What the PERFECTLY readable means

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod186k1 View Post
Ok, see your document with Reflow + zoom 100%:

This is in sunny condition:
Attachment 83963

And this is in the shadow of my room:
Attachment 83964

It is perfectly readable isn't it? But if I have to use reflow and if the color are not important (it's the case of this document) I probably will use my PRS-650 or better I will convert into B/W document and read it on my JBC well.
I would say this documenty is JUST readable now, not PERFECTLY. This is the main problem with JBC - it lists a lot of features in its specifications but practically none of the main features is done WELL. This PDF file is the good example. To make this document just READABLE you need: 1) do yourself some manipulations with it (using - a) DIFFERENT hardware (your PC in this case), b) different software not even included with JBC (you used Adobe Acrobat or something similar on your PC, right?), c) your personal time to figure out and do all this manipulations, 2) find the place with PERFECT lightening conditions to read it (if you don't have it you have to (according my experiance with JBC) to invest more money in changing LIGHTENING conditions in your house or better to move to different house with better indoor light). And in my opinion even after that this document is far from being PERFECTLY readable because of such dark grey screen (which causes the significant eye strain at least for me).

Would you please do me a favor and upload here your modified PDF document (after reflow and 100% zoom) because honestly I don't even know how to do it? Yes, I can google "reflow and zoom PDF with Adobe Acrobat" and figure it out but I don't have time for it right now. Then I can load your modified document on my Kindle DX and JBC, take the pictures of both devices and show you and everyone what the difference is and how closer to being PERFECT the same document looks on DX. At least in terms of eye strain.

Thanks.
Valentinka is offline   Reply With Quote