View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 08:32 AM   #117
mod186k1
Addict
mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad, PRS-T3, Kobo GLO HD, Paperwhite 2, PB Ultra, Ony Boox Max
About the B/W vs Color issue

As I said the problem in your book is that kind of cyan used for text. And, as I just posted, according to me the best solution is for Ectaco to write a PDF/ePUB/DJVU viewer where user can adjust contrast and/or convert into B/W.

Since we have not this hypothetical feature yet (maybe never) I provide to convert the document in B/W and I also crop for best zoom fit-to-page:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0992.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	83965

P.s.: generating the B/W version is easy in windows with Acrobat. But I use linux and free software so I just do:
Code:
pdf2ps original.pdf o.ps
ps2pdf -sColorConversionStrategy=Gray -dProcessColorModel=/DeviceGray \
          o.ps original-bw.pdf
pdfshuffler original-bw.pdf ;# output to "original-bw_cropped.pdf"
The results are:
original-bw.pdf
original-bw_cropped.pdf

@Valentinka: try the BW cropped version on your JBC and on your kindle too. Kindle surely will look better white background, but resolution are maybe could surprise us.

Last edited by mod186k1; 03-15-2012 at 08:43 AM.
mod186k1 is offline   Reply With Quote