View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 08:47 PM   #111
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Your position is clear. I hope you can return it as you wish.

Before you do it, may I ask you please a picture with better definition of DXG & JBC together, even with some other files?

You see, under the Triton's colour layer there's a Pearl e-ink screen with very good resolution (higher than the DXG), but the colour layer over it, definitely wastes its potential in terms of readibility, or at least this is the idea I have at present.

I would like to understand how much 7under which conditions this layer ruins the device's readability. Some better comparative pics would help, as I know really well the DXG.

There's no doubt at all that promotional pictures are heavily shopped.

If you search around you'll find pictures by users where the text is nicely readable, others where the text is hardly intelligible because of the dark background and the way light interacts with the surface of the Triton.
This is because with e-ink screens, different light conditions (colour, intensity, angle) can heavily affect readibility, but the Triton's colour layer makes things more difficult to work properly.

The good thing about the Pearl of Sony T1 and DXG screen is that they're readable in any condition, almost always comfortable. On the opposite, seems that in many conditions, the jbc is not comfortable to read (or at least this is my idea, based on the many pics I've seen).

The ones who want to deal with it, will have to find a proper light setting (which is still possible, like mod186k1's pictures show).

About colours, to make them display a little better you have to pump up the original saturation. If you think one doesnt have the time to edit all the files he uses, I'm with you.

Thank you!

Last edited by lorenzoens; 03-14-2012 at 09:23 PM.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote