View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 04:40 PM   #2
jimbob101
Connoisseur
jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle App Android, Kindle PW2, Calibre
If you stopped the sync on the second laptop then the first thing I would do is make a copy of your library from this laptop. The Metadata for the individual books is stored in the opf file with the book itself so the calibre metadata file on it's own won't help.

Once you have made a backup on the second laptop then allow it to sync. Once the sync has completed copy the backuped library back overwriting all files in the dropbox folder. This will replace the "messed up" version with the version on the second laptop that is still has ok metadata.

This should work based on what I see happening when I sync my Calibre library on my laptop with the backup version on an external drive. My internet is so slow there is no point using dropbox for Calibre. No matter what happens make the copy from the second laptop and verify that it is correct before doing anything.
jimbob101 is offline   Reply With Quote