View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 01:49 AM   #25
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
A group of the five largest publishers have got together and announced that they will only sell ebooks to retail outlets willing to stick to a set of minimum prices. This is being referred to as the agency pricing model, and is partly designed to stop sellers like Amazon from discounting bestsellers heavily at the time of their hardcover release to attract buyers to their stores.

All the ebooks from these publishers have been pulled from sale over the last couple of days while they get the new pricing structure in place.

Retailers are also scrambling madly to renegotiate their contracts with these publishers.

Until all the new prices are in place it's unclear what the final effect on the various stores and their prices is going to be.

Graham
IOW, price fixing. I note in passing that an ebook I willingly pre-paid for through FW is now missing from my bookshelf and I have been 'refunded' the money. How 'nice' of them. Needless to say, given the publisher attitude that brought this about, I feel no compunction against darknetting it. I had already *PAID* for it but FW had to yank it so that the publisher could charge more??? Nope. Ain't gonna put up with that.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote