View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 10:47 PM   #14
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I personally consider it to be a bug for a few reasons. For one, the TOC entries are already indented, so what would be the reasoning behind indenting it again using a different method. Next, it is the type of mistake which is easy to do because the depth is numbered starting from 1 (so multiplying it as-is doesn't make the indent start from nothing). In addition, the alignment looks really off with the extra indentation.

Also, why would the width need to be a bug too? Unless I'm misunderstanding you, it's like saying a typo in a book makes the whole book a typo too.
Because someone is likely to raise a bug "width of indentation is too narrow". Then someone else will raise "width of indentation is too wide". Neither are really bugs, but, disagreements on how much space is needed.

And you calling the indentation starting at 1 a bug means that you think the developer didn't consider that situation. You can't be sure of that, just as I can't be sure it was a deliberate design decision. There could easily be reasons to have chosen to do it this way.

As to the alignment, I don't see an issue. Maybe if the indentation was a big wider, but, not with how it comes as default.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote