View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 01:53 PM   #33
veereihen6
veereihen6 began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hap124 View Post
I am still interested in as many opinions are people are willing to post. It sounds like you are declaring the post closed or something. In the KA1 owners thread there are many negative posts as well, so the more input the better to suss out what is what.
It's definitely not without its faults. I have noticed page turn and touchscreen accuracy and responsiveness has gotten much better in the last few firmware updates.

Out of the box it was pretty laggy for me 6 months ago, especially the touch screen. The sad fact of the matter is that you will not find one perfect device. I have checked on glare from a light behind me, and it looks to be on par with glare from my Kindle PW2 (with bezels). If the light is directly behind you, there will of course be a distinct glare, but shifting the e-reader slightly takes care of that.

For many of us, the KA1 works fine for what we need. I use mine at least 3-4 hours a day. I still have my Kindle PW as a backup, but I haven't opened it in months.

I hate to say it, but you may have to get one in hand to satisfy yourself. There are some people who cannot stand certain things like uneven backlight color, poor contrast, and have to immediately exchange their device. Is there a store near you that might carry it? Are you in the US? I think Walmart is supposed to be carrying Kobo products soon.
veereihen6 is offline   Reply With Quote