Thread: Kindle name
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 11:28 AM   #11
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
No Hal?
I name all my small appliances.
No, I've yet to use Hal. Each name is used only once, for only one device. It did, though, use Sal, who was Hal's twin "sister". I have a habit of using more obscure, less mainstream name references; Shalmaneser, Albert, Olivaw, ...)

The naming scheme goes back well over 30 years and includes a large number of devices. It began with Mycroft, which was the 500th TRS-80 Color Computer made.

** Correction (I'm an old fart and memory isn't as good anymore... **
I did use Hal. I was an HP 320 LX Windows-CE based palmtop that was my first device used primarily for ebooks. It was retired and replaced by a Fujitsu Win-98 sub-notebook that was named Sal. I don't, at the present, remember the name of the notebook that had been Hal's predecessor.

Last edited by dwig; 12-13-2017 at 05:16 PM.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote