Thread: Kindle name
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 11:50 AM   #7
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
My Kindle is named in the same manner as all of my current and past computing devices. Any device that is a complete "thinking" entity is named for some computer or AI from literature (books, TV, movies,...). I generally prefer to match the computer type with the source when practical (e.g. portable devices like my Kindle are paired with portable AIs or devices, ...). Any other entity with a network presence, including direct connect items that are potentially shared on a network, will also get a name though the naming pattern there is looser (cartoon characters have been recent sources). My wife's naming pattern is quite different.

My Kindle is named Pauline, while my current tablet is Agnes and my big desktop machine is Joe. I'll leave you to work out the sources for the names.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote