View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 11:45 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumolebob View Post
New guy here with trouble downloading a clean Calibre program.

Where can I download Calibre without all the special but annoying addons?
dumolebob,

If you're downloading from the official site (the link PeterT gave you) then there are no 'special' addons - what you get, is what you need to get going.

1. Calibre uses a 'plug-in architecture' - the baseline product includes the plug-ins that Kovid considers necessary to make Calibre 'work'. You could remove any plug-ins that you think superfluous - but usual caveats - be it on your own head if Calibre breaks.

2. Calibre uses the Python language and libraries, this is where Calibre gets its ability to run on most variants of the OS/X. Unix and Windows. Each Python application, I run at 4 of them, 'contains' is own copy of the Python run time system and libraries, hence each is self contained, this reduces the chance they'll interfere with one another because different applications require different Python versions.

I hope this helps

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote