View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 12:46 AM   #15
OddCosine
Connoisseur
OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Well, I hope they don't do what Amazon does. Amazon doesn't allow you to bypass a gift card balance for purchases. I've had times where I wanted to buy an electronic device with only my credit card (for free extended warranty) and Amazon wanted to apply the remaining balance from my credits and gift cards before using the credit card.
I've found a couple of ways around that. One is to add the item to a wish list and then to my cart, and the other is to mark something in the order as a gift. In both cases, when I check-out it steps me through a series of screens, one of which is a payment screen. I can deselect the gift card there. This doesn't seem to work with promotional discounts like Lightning Deals; they lump the gift card and discount together so to not use the gift card you have to forgo the discount.

And it doesn't help with stuff like Subscribe & Save. They really do seem hell-bent on using up a gift card balance.
OddCosine is offline   Reply With Quote