View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 04:31 AM   #29
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
No offence, but that is not what the monkey meant by this thread. The phones that you can get on a contract plan are very expensive. Even the "free" phones are paid for by locking you (or your work) into the contract. If you buy a no-contract phone (e.g. a straighttalk) your choices are limited to really cheap and or older phones.
No offence taken ;-)
This is very fancy phone by a two years old standards. Nowadays the price is *very* reasonable. A small fraction of the price of really expensive ones (such as iPhone or latest Samsung or top-of-the-line HTC). The price is still nowhere near the $30 listed in the first post.
We (the company I work for) are locked into the contract anyway.

Here in Europe contracts and "free" phones work a little bit differently than in USA where, IMHO, providers are more aggressive in the lock-in.
Last time I bought such phone on contract for my daughter, I have inserted a pre-paid, very cheap SIM from competing provider and the phone just worked. And my wife (who signed the extension of the contract) continued to use her old clunker with her old provider.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote