Thread: Subscription
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 05:45 PM   #15
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikarti View Post
Not sure. it depends on what you mean by 'on staff'. It's possible this is offtopic but:
I do have one small side contract to maintain iOS and Android apps for one organization (their monetization model is basically 'let's take ask for payment for services rendered, via app/via website').
As in, they pay fixed amount of money per month and I use no more than fixed amount of hours on their project. Less hours (including zero) are ok but if there is no serious bugs.
I would consider that on staff. I know a number of programmers who have side gigs. Having someone on staff for me means having someone who doesn't have to learn the code every time you need to fix a bug. My understanding is that the original programmer for CC basically did it as a side gig, rather than as a full time job, i.e. worked nights and weekends. That sort of thing is what I would expect for such an app.

I wouldn't mind paying a one time fee for the app if it's not going to be well maintained. I don't mind paying a new fee for major updates. I do mind paying a subscription for an app that is not actively being maintained or updated.

I stopped my subscription for CC last month, when it was scheduled to be renewed. I did that because there was no response or release in over 4 months.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote