View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 03:28 PM   #9
gandoe
Enthusiast
gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.

Device: none
Thanks all for your replys

Responses in no particular order:
- I'm in the US
- In terms of format, I have no bias towards any single purchased ebook format. After downloading the ebook, I use Apprentice Alf's magic plugin (if nec.) and then read into Calibre, converting to epub for standardization. (very similar to PWalker8)

My question was more directed towards "curated" e-book availability, in the sense of a high quality, true to original version. This concern was prompted by the August 2019 NYT article, which documents Orwell's 1984 (ironically) in various issues, some of which exhibit numerous errors, and others with "revisions" to the wording or writing.

Paging Big Brother: In Amazon’s Bookstore, Orwell Gets a Rewrite
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/19/t...well-1984.html

I was asking if anyone has favorite curated ebook web stores, that offer high quality (non errors, well formatted, high res illustrations or drawings), true to original text ebooks.

A few that I know of include
- Standard Ebooks
- Five Books

I don't want to start ramping up my digital library, only the find the copies I've got are wrong. My reading time is too valuable for that!

Thanks again
Ed
gandoe is offline   Reply With Quote