View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 10:37 AM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Hum, I don't see that Note2 is associated with a specific book store. My guess is the best choice would be to buy ebooks, remove the DRM (google apprentice alf), put it in calibre and side load via calibre. Which bookstore is best depends on where you are and what you are looking for. IMPO, in the US, Amazon has by far the best selections and it's easy to remove the DRM. Of course, Amazon uses a DRMed version of mobi. But Calibre can convert that to epub easily enough.

Right now, removing the DRM from the Nook store is problematic. I'm not sure about the Roku store (i.e. Kobo). It's been a while since I bought from there. It's possible to remove DRM from the Apple Books store, but you need a mac that runs Sierra to do so.

My normal method is buy from Amazon, remove the DRM, convert to epub and download to my reader (I read mostly on Marvin on an iPad, but also on a Kobo Aurea (sp?)).
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote