Thread: Why ePub 3?
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 12:04 PM   #62
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
As has been mentioned repeatedly, you don't need an epub3 reader to read most of the commercial epub3 books being sold. In fact, I'd wager to say that many people have already unwittingly purchased and read epub3 books. Especially those who just buy and read without fiddling with them.
Ok, so, wait:

I confess, I've skimmed this thread. Have we, or have we not, figured out that ePUB3 eBooks cost more than ePUB2, to buy retail? I'm confused?

As far as I know--and caveat, this ain't worth much--none of our clients are pricing their books, for sale, based on ePUB3 or ePUB2 or Bob's Big eBook Format. They do add $$$ for FXL, because their costs are higher, so they tend to try to recapture that--although, let's face it, the reader doesn't give two sh*ts what the publisher spent to bring it to market, only what it's worth to them. But the FXL is in ePUB3, coincidentally (to facilitate cross-platform capability, unlike ePUB2).

HTH.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote