View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 05:38 AM   #15
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by sianon View Post
Interesting, other books have not transferred successfully, but I transferred an epub version of the girl who played with fire and it is reading on the kindle. And no, I won't send a copyright book to anyone given the breach of copyright this would entail. The reason for my attempt was having purchased a book from the kindle store labeled as epub, so I decided to attempt to transfer the other book not expecting it to work. Perhaps I am wrong and in some of the transferred files I had a mobi version of the book, not sure will check later, but I don't think I ever converted that book to mobi

I did mean ealrier to state un-DRMed as opposed to DRmed
Well, it seems a mobi renamed to epub extension. If you have an hex editor you can see the header and verify if it is epub or mobi. Other easy way to verify it is rename to .mobi and load it with mobipocket desktop. If it does, it is mobi instead fo epub.

I'm completely sure Kindle Intl does not read epub.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote