View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 05:17 AM   #143
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
A Hex Editor should show both the Hex and the Ascii , just change the "0D" to "0A". It should be ok to have two "0A"s instead of "0D 0A".

Just open the .sh file in a Hex editor and make the changes, there shouldn't be that many.

Giorgio;

When you guys tell us to put some new code into an existing .sh Bash Script you often include the #!/bin/sh but I thought only the first one counts? There is one already at the beginning of the file. Also, are we supposed to remove or comment out the old code. Maybe you guys mean that with the bash at the beginning of your additions that it is to be inserted at the beginning and the rest of the .sh left as it is?

Dumb questions I know.

Luck;
Ken
I often assume a little knowledge of shell scripting, I am sorry. Yes, only a "#!/bin/sh" is needed at the beginning of the file; as the remaining code, you can delete it, comment it out or leave it as it is, since the script is executed line by line and after koreader exits, the device reboots so it has no chance to execute the remaining lines. Nice trick for fixing line endings!
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote